Would you like to advance the Catholic literary tradition? Would you like to meet Catholic authors and form useful connections in the Catholic publishing world?
Consider working for Catholic Reads. We are currently looking for editors to cover our Romance Genre submissions. Experience with Poetry is a plus. This is a remote work-from-home position.
Technical experience is not required but experience editing, submitting written content, and meeting deadlines is preferred.
Perks of Working with Catholic Reads
- first access to having your own published works included on the Catholic Reads website and newsletter
- free ad-space on our newsletter and website
- Connections with authors and publishers in the Catholic publishing world
- free books. As an editor you will be sent free copies of the books you review for Catholic Reads. If you are a teacher or librarian this is a easy way to add to your library’s Catholic collection.
- a free ticket to one Catholic conference a year. During said conference you will be required to collect email subscriber sign-ups but can otherwise enjoy the event at your leisure (albeit this one is irrelevant until the pandemic ends.)
Responsibilities of the Position
- submit a written review of a Catholic-appropriate book every four weeks. Length of review is between 500-1000 words
- help edit your peer’s reviews through in-line comments on Microsoft Word. Edit two reviews every 4 week period
- record performance statistics of our email newsletter in an Excel Spreadsheet.
Requirements for the Position
- A love of reading, especially for books in either the Romance genre, and/or Historical Fiction
- The ability to write, edit and polish reviews of 500-1000 words
- The self-discipline to keep to a schedule and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- A willingness to admit when you are struggling and ask for help. This is online work with team members coordinating their efforts remotely. Mistakes are not punished, but if you don’t tell us something is wrong we won’t be able to help.
Tools Used in this Position – Experience with these tools is NOT required. Training will be provided.
- Microsoft Word
- Facebook Messenger
How to Apply
- email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Interviews will be conducted via video conference on either WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts. Please indicate your preferred platform on your application.
- Include your time zone and preferred meeting times for video conferencing.