We Find the Best Readers for Your Book
When you work with us we will promote your book by:
- Writing a Positive, quality review directed toward Catholic and Christian readers
- Marketing your book sales through our free weekly email newsletter. (Stats Current as of 8/20/19)
- 633 Subscribers
- 27.85% Open Rate (Industry Average is 13.03% according to Mailchimp)
- Promote your book on Social Media – reaching over 2000 new readers at minimum per promotion!
- Page Likes 537
- Page Followers 564
- a reach of about 600 per $1 spent on ads
- 223 Followers
- 1400 monthly viewers
- After the promotion we share with you the metrics we used to craft your Facebook ad so you can use that data going forward to hone your own marketing game and continue targeting interested readers.
- Promote you through reviews, interviews and book discussions on our podcast
- With Links to Buy your book full price on our website. (though most authors request us to link to Amazon we have no preference and will link to whatever online store you deem best for your books)
This is how it works:
- You or your publisher agrees to put your book up for a flash sale with these parameters:
- The book is priced at 50% off or less.
- The sale will be on the ebook, paper/hardback, audiobook or some combination of these formats.
- The sale period will be for a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of 2 weeks.
- It can be on any online store, on your publisher’s website, or on your own site.
- We then send a link to that sale to our 600+ subscribers, with whom Catholic Reads has built a rapport for recommending quality Catholic books, and who are actively interested in Catholic literature. Our email list has an open rate double that of BookBub (a larger company we used as a model). We also promote your book on Facebook and Instagram
If your publisher is concerned about losing money, one option is to put only the ebook on sale, which takes nothing from production costs, and/ or using a Promo Code which limits the sale to only those people you share the code with, such as our subscriber list.
- The best deal available. We won’t consider a book if it has been offered for a better price in the last 90 days, or if it will be offered for less in the near future.
- Error free. We look for content that is well-formatted and free of typos and grammatical errors.
- A limited-time offer. While we do consider permanently free books, we otherwise don’t feature low-price offers that are always available.
- Catholic & Catholic Friendly. Your book does not need to be written by an author who is Catholic. We respect the privacy and ingenuity of authors. If you are an author and you wish to make it known that you are a Catholic we will inform our readers. If you wish the book to be its own voice we will respect that as well and merely note that the themes and imagery that seem to explore Catholicism, Catholic culture or issues and concerns in common with the Catholic community. Your book does not need to agree with everything in Catholic theology. We will point out to our readers where a book’s worldview seems to explore, agree with, or differ from a Catholic one and leave it up to the reader to decide if such a book is for them. This point also serves as insurance in case we accidentally misinterpret the message of the book.Your book need not explore Catholicism solely. However, we will be asking ourselves if a Catholic audience would benefit from the story in question. Characters from other faiths and symbolism incorporating diverse perspectives are appreciated. In fact, some of us have specific religions and cultures, aside from Catholic ones, that we are personally interested in seeing more of. (See more on that on our About page. )Disagreement and Dialogue through literature are cherished. Misrepresentation is not. The quickest way to ensure your book will not be reviewed is if you represent Catholicism as believing, saying or doing things that the Church does not believe, say or do. If however you have different Catholic characters with different attitudes towards things within the faith that is fine. Basically our goal is to vet out misinformation that breeds prejudice and misunderstanding.
- Not A Catholic? See our post, “What is a Bridge Book” for more clarification
- Multiple Submissions You may submit more than one book at a time. If you wish us to review a series start by requesting we review the first book and note in the body of the message if the book is part of a series.
- No re-submissions. If we do not agree to review your book on the first try we are not likely to agree the second time. However, you may submit a different book by the same author.
- Find your Ideal Reviewer. Go to our “About” page and read about our reviewers to find out what we are looking for in the next book. If you can find a reviewer who might like your book this will increase the chances that you will get a review.
- Our Credibility rests on Honesty. Our goal is to provide our readers with quality stories. Thus we will not post a review of your book if we cannot post a good review. That said, a good review does not mean that it will be without criticism. Also if we have not yet reviewed your book it does not necessarily mean that we do not like it. We may just be busy. Keep in mind that we are a small team, providing this service for free. It is not a personal criticism if we happen not to like your book. Our credibility with our readers rests upon our sincerity. If we cannot provide a sincere and positive review of your book then you will find better success elsewhere anyways.
How to Submit
Email us a email@example.com with the subject line, “Submission: Book-Title.”
DO NOT ATTACH YOUR BOOK TO THE EMAIL. This will only slow our system down and make it that much longer before we can reply to you.
In the body of the email include these:
- Book Blurb
- Why you think it would be a good fit for the Catholic Reads audience
- list of the themes explored in your book.
- If you think this book would be particularly fit for a specific reviewer on our team let us know.
- If it is part of a series mention that as well.
We will contact you with a request for the book once your submission has reached the top of our submission pile. If you would like to know what number your book is in the qenue just email us and ask.
If your book passes the vetting process we will then contact you to schedule the sale and subsequent promotions. Promotion details will be decided AFTER the vetting process