We Find the Best Readers for Your Book
When you work with us we will promote your book by:
- Writing a Positive, quality review directed toward Catholic and Christian readers
- Marketing your book sales through our free weekly email newsletter. (Stats Current as of 7/27/18)
- 501 Subscribers
- 32.23% Open Rate (Industry Average is 13.68%)
- Promote your book on Social Media
- Page Likes 384
- 133 Followers
- Promote you through reviews, interviews and book discussions on our podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/catholic-reads-podcast/id1358174848?mt=2
- With Links to Buy your book full price on our website.
- Currently, we can only link to Amazon from our website as we are a part of Amazon Associates.
- Free or discounted by at least 50%. We promise our members that we will only feature books that have been deeply discounted. By submitting your book you are agreeing to put your book on sale for our newsletter for:
- Minimum 1 Day – Maximum 1 Month
- At least 50% off the list price.
- You can set up the sale through your choice of an online store or you can create a promo code to limit the sale to just our subscribers.
- any format of your choosing: ebook, paperback, hardback or audiobook
- The best deal available. We won’t consider a book if it has been offered for a better price in the last 90 days, or if it will be offered for less in the near future.
- Error free. We look for content that is well-formatted and free of typos and grammatical errors.
- A limited-time offer. While we do consider permanently free books, we otherwise don’t feature low-price offers that are always available.
- Catholic & Catholic Friendly. Your book does not need to be written by an author who is Catholic. We respect the privacy and ingenuity of authors. If you are an author and you wish to make it known that you are a Catholic we will inform our readers. If you wish the book to be its own voice we will respect that as well and merely note that the themes and imagery that seem to explore Catholicism, Catholic culture or issues. Your book does not need to agree with everything in Catholic theology. We will point out to our readers where a book’s worldview seems to explore, agree with, or differ from a Catholic one and leave it up to the reader to decide if such a book is for them. This point also serves as insurance in case we accidentally misinterpret the message of the book.Your book need not explore Catholicism solely.However, we will be asking ourselves if a Catholic audience would benefit from the story in question. Characters from other faiths and symbolism incorporating diverse perspectives are appreciated. In fact, some of us have specific religions and cultures, aside from Catholic ones, that we are personally interested in seeing more of. (See more on that on our About page. )Disagreement and Dialogue through literature are cherished. Misrepresentation is not. The quickest way to ensure your book will not be reviewed is if you represent Catholicism as believing, saying or doing things that the Church does not believe, say or do. Criticism of Catholicism is fine but it is misinformation that breeds prejudice.
- Not A Catholic? See our post, “What is a Bridge Book” for more clarification
- Multiple Submissions You may submit more than one book at a time. If you wish us to review a series start by requesting we review the first book and note in the body of the message if the book is part of a series.
- No re-submissions. If we do not agree to review your book on the first try we are not likely to agree the second time. However, you may submit a different book by the same author.
- Find your Ideal Reviewer. Go to our “About” page and read about our reviewers to find out what we are looking for in the next book. If you can find a reviewer who might like your book this will increase the chances that you will get a review.
- Our Credibility rests on Honesty. Our goal is to provide our readers with quality stories. Thus we will not post a review of your book if we cannot post a good review. That said, a good review does not mean that it will be without criticism. Also if we have not yet reviewed your book it does not necessarily mean that we do not like it. We may just be busy. Keep in mind that we are a small team, providing this service for free. It is not a personal criticism if we happen not to like your book. Our credibility with our readers rests upon our sincerity. If we cannot provide a sincere and positive review of your book then you will find better success elsewhere anyways.
How to Submit
Email us a email@example.com with the subject line, “Submission: Book-Title.”
DO NOT ATTACH YOUR BOOK TO THE EMAIL. This will only slow our system down and make it that much longer before we can reply to you.
In the body of the email include these:
- Book Blurb
- Why you think it would be a good fit for the Catholic Reads audience
- list of the themes explored in your book.
- If you think this book would be particularly fit for a specific reviewer on our team let us know.
- If it is part of a series mention that as well.
We will contact you with a request for the book if we think it might be a good fit.
If your book passes the vetting process we will then contact you to schedule the sale and subsequent promotions. Promotion details will be decided AFTER the vetting process