Are you a new author or editor looking to build a platform of dedicated readers who know your name and trust you as a good source for finding books?
Catholic Reads is the Place for You!
We are currently looking for editors interested in Poetry & Historical Fiction
Working with Catholic Reads will help you gain a following of dedicated readers interested in the books and genres you are interested in writing in. It will also put you in touch with some of the most talented authors and publishers in the Catholic Community.
Catholic Reads is a small startup business dedicated to the welfare of the literary culture in the Catholic Church and to the eventual success of each editor’s personal writing career.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Write 1 book review a month
- Contact the author of that book to add him/her to our newsletter
- Manage 1 Social Media platform for Catholic Reads with a minimum of 4 posts a month.
- Edit 2 articles a month
The ideal applicant will have a history meeting deadlines and work with an online long distance team.
- Each team member will commit to publishing a review once a month. This will mean that given that there are 4 of us we should be able to come out with new content every week of the month.
- For every review written that team member will contact the author, let them know we are publishing a positive review and ask them to let us know when their book is on sale so that we can let our subscribers know as well.
- Each team member will commit to editing at least 2 articles a month. Once an article is written I would like at least 2 people to read over and edit it before we publish in order to ensure our website is associated with quality.
- Minimum article length will be 500 words. Maximum article length will be 2000 words. Anything longer than 2000 words will be divided into parts. The only exception to the maximum word count will be in depth Literary Analysis articles with a maximum word count of 4000 words. It’s an age of short attention spans and I care more about quality than word count.
- Social Media
- Each team member will be responsible for maintaining 1 social media site of their choosing.
- All articles published on the website should be promoted on each social media website within a week of that article being published. But the frequency and scheduling of the posts will be left to the individual team member’s judgment. The minimum is 4 posts a month.
- Applicants with experience in either Podcasting or YouTube are preferred
Interested applicants should email their resume, cover letter, and contact information to A.R.K. Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org